NDES administers the TerraNova series of standardized achievement tests for grades 3 and 5. Notre Dame is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools and the Diocese of Scranton.
Profile of A Middle States-Accredited Institution:
• Adheres to the Middle States Standards for Accreditation;
• Uses its mission, beliefs, and goals as the basis for daily decision-making;
• Operates in the public interest and in accordance with ethical practice;
• Accepts responsibility for the level of performance of its students;
• Remains committed to continuous improvement in student learning and to its capacity to produce the levels of learning desired and expected by its community;
• Operates in a collegial and collaborative way with all of its stakeholders;
• Sustains its focus on implementing recommendations, addressing monitoring issues and correcting stipulations that may be part of its notification of accreditation and
• Fulfills its maintenance requirements to the Commission.