NDES administers the NWEA MAP GROWTH TESTS of standardized achievement tests in all grades. These test are given three times a year in order to show the students' academic growth. Notre Dame is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools and the Diocese of Scranton.
Profile of A Middle States-Accredited Institution:
• Adheres to the Middle States Standards for Accreditation;
• Uses its mission, beliefs, and goals as the basis for daily decision-making;
• Operates in the public interest and in accordance with ethical practice;
• Accepts responsibility for the level of performance of its students;
• Remains committed to continuous improvement in student learning and to its capacity to produce the levels of learning desired and expected by its community;
• Operates in a collegial and collaborative way with all of its stakeholders;
• Sustains its focus on implementing recommendations, addressing monitoring issues and correcting stipulations that may be part of its notification of accreditation and
• Fulfills its maintenance requirements to the Commission.